Views in Outlook Won't Change

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Hi- First of all this tool is amazing. It totally fills a much needed gap. One thing I've noticed is that when I change the views they change perfectly when using the Internet Explorer browser version of Dynamics CRM, but the views won't change in Outlook. When I customize and pull up the system views from Outlook it disapays the columns from the changed views, but it won't disaply the actual changed view even after publishing again, syncing with CRM etc..

The only way I could get the view to display properly was by going into each view and making some change (either adding a column or removing a column) and then publishing again. Then the new view would display.

Any thoughts or fixes for this?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Hi Jack,

Is this happening for all entities or only for specific ones?

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:47 AM

I have had the same experience as Jack,  Tested on Accounts, Contacts and Opportunities.  I also tried a custom Entity.   I have also tried deleting my Outlook configuration and re-configuring but it still doesn't get the new views.  I am using CRM 2011 Online EMEA.    In the tool it shows them as changed and they have changed in IE but not in Outlook.

Oct 23, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I also had the same troubles. I notice that editing the properties of each view (like changing a character to the name) or (if avaible) displaying the sorting properties and then save and publish the view/entity the view were OK.

Troubles were notice on system entities and custom. For custom entities, I begin by creating the associating view, and replicate it to all other one's, and all views were "empty" in Outlook.

Hope it can drive you to the good fix !