Solutions

Jul 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Hello Tanguy,

First of all, thank you very much for this tool!

Can you please indicate if I can choose in which solution the copies will be done? (Or is it always in the Default?)

Thank you,

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Hi Benjamin,

First thing, I really think that one solution for entity is not a good thing to do... Indeed, there will be relations between entities that will ask you to add them to the current solution.

Anyway, my tools change views of the default solution. But each unmanaged solution use the default customization. You can't choose which entity components must be added to the solution. All of them come with the entity when you include it.

Le 3 juil. 2011 à 14:06, "mamin" <notifications@codeplex.com> a écrit :

Hello Tanguy,

Thank you very much for this tool.

We plan to use several solutions to customize CRM 2011 (basically 1 per entity).

The corresponding modified system views will be part of the solutions.

Can you please indicate if I can choose in which solution the copies will be done? (Or is it always in the Default?)

Thank you,

Benjamin

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Hi - I love this tool, but is there any way that it can be enhanced to point at a specific solution and then consume the views from that solution as source/target per the existing grid and functionality.  This would be very valuable to ISV's who are not working within the default solution, but rather managed solutions.

Thank you,

Jerry

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hi Jerry,

Whenever you work with managed, unmanaged or default solution, the update is done in the default solution.

And as far as I know, it is not possible to have an entity in a solution that don't have all views when exporting the solution.

If you could give me an example of what you would like to achieve because when I need to update views of a solution (managed or not), I just update the view on the default solution and it is "applied" to every solution that use the same entity...